10 Must-See Bands @ Outside Lands
Here’s a list of 10 must-see acts to look for at this year’s Outside Lands festival:
1. [lastfm]Kings of Leon[/lastfm] – Chart topping rockers Kings of Leon are headlining Day 2 (Sunday night) of the Outside Lands festival. The Followills (brothers Caleb, Nathan, and Jared with cousin Matthew) are wrapping up a summer of sold-out festivals and concerts in places like Radio City Music Hall and the legendary Glastonbury Festival in the U.K. Hits from their latest album, like “Sex on Fire” and “Use Somebody” keep dominating our LIVE 105 playlist. Don’t miss them at the Lands End stage to close out the festival in a blaze of glory!
2. [lastfm]The Strokes[/lastfm] – The Strokes are reunited after doing their own things with several successfull solo projects over the past few years. Now Julian Casablancas and Albert Hammond, along with Nick Valensi, Nikolai Fraiture and Fabrizio Moretti, will be closing out Day 1 of the festival at the Twin Peaks Speedway Meadow stage.
3. [lastfm]My Morning Jacket[/lastfm] – Jim James and the band bring an eclectic repertoire of songs ranging from freak-funk grooves to country-tinged tracks wit their latest effort, Evil Urges. Catch ’em from 5-6:30 Saturday on the Lands End Stage (Polo Fields).
4. [lastfm]Phoenix [/lastfm]- Miles and Menace couldn’t get enough of Phoenix at Lollapalooza. Now they’ve crossed the county to return to the Bay for an hour-long set on Sunday from 5:55pm – 6:55pm on the Lands End stage.
5. [lastfm]Social Distortion[/lastfm] – LIVE 105 favorites Social Distortion never steer us wrong. These are guys who seriously know how to put on a great show. Catch their definitive California blues/punk/rock sound on Sunday at 6:55pm. It’s the perfect burst of energy you’ll need after two days of festival-going!
6. [lastfm]Nas[/lastfm] & [lastfm]Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley[/lastfm] – We’ve recieved a ton of song requests to play Marley’s “Welcome to Jamrock” Sunday 6:50pm at Twin Peaks (Speedway Meadow). Nas and Damian combine efforts to bring a truly unique sound that blends the best of hip hop, rock, reggae and dancehall, the perfect soundtrack for a day in Golden Gate park.
7. [lastfm]Empire of the Sun[/lastfm] – If you’ve seen Kings of Leon and are looking for something really different, check out Empire of the Sun, freshly arriving from Lollapalooza. They’ll be playing at the same time as Kings of Leon.
8. [lastfm]Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros[/lastfm] – 3:40-4:30pm More Soundcheck favs. A little pick-me-up: just what you need in the middle of day 2!
9. [lastfm]The Temper Trap[/lastfm] -The Temper Trap have skyrocketed from Soundcheck favorites to playlist toppers with their track “Sweet Disposition.” And their song “Fader” has been featured on Soundcheck with Aaron Axelsen this month. Catch them rocking the early afternoon on Day 2. Tracks to listen for: “Fader” 2:15pm on the Lands End stage.
10. [lastfm]The Soft Pack[/lastfm] – The Soft Pack have had a busy summer, including kicking off LIVE 105’s BFD at our official festival pre-party in June and a set on the festival stage at BFD 2010. If you didn’t catch them earlier this summer, now’s your chance! Check ’em out Sunday 12:45pm Twin Peaks in the Speedway Meadow area.