Beer Fact #7: Beer’s good for the bones
Live Science also claims that while beer is bad for head in the form of hangovers and hard on your liver, it’s good for your bones. It contains silicon, which is good for promoting bone health. But hangovers help put people in check by reminding us that moderation is the key!
Askmen.com also argues that beer can be good for the brain. A study found that light drinkers (1-6 beers per week) to moderate drinkers (7-14 beers per week) have fewer strokes than nondrinkers. This is most likely due to alcohol’s effect in thinning the blood and preventing blood clots in the brain. However, while heavy drinkers (15+ drinks per week) suffer the least amount of strokes, they do suffer the most from brain atrophy, or the wasting of brain tissues. And that’s no good.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- On The Charts: Vampire Weekend’s Second No. 1 Album
- Producer Steve Lillywhite Attributes U2 Connection To Ian Curtis Death
- System Of A Down’s Shavo Odadjian Blames Serj Tankian For Seven-Year Album Gap
- From Donna Summer To Daft Punk, Giorgio Moroder Transcends Generations At First DJ Set
- Passion Pit, Modest Mouse, MGMT To Play Monterey’s First City Festival
- Storm-Chasing Member Of Shiny Toy Guns Sees Oklahoma Hometown Destroyed By Tornado