This Saturday March 17th marks a drunken day of Green!! The Bay Area always has tons of fun stuff to do. Scope out 10 events that will keep you entertained during this Irish holiday and where you can find free cab rides in the Bay so you get home safe and sound! These are in no particular order and simply highlight some fun events going down!
10) St. Patricks Day Parade 11:30 a.m. – at 2nd and Market Street, continue up Market to Civic Center
* Starts downtown at St. Patrick’s Church, the first Irish Catholic church in San Francisco, erected in 1841.
* Begins nearby at 2nd and Market street around 11:30 a.m. and concludes at the Civic Center Plaza.
* The Parade route will be ‘alcohol free’ so plan for libations later in the day.
9) St. Paddy’s Pub Crawl 2012 3/16-3/18
“Prepare to be a part of a massive event that not only features great drink prices at the best bars in town, but create phenomenal safe and entertaining atmosphere’s where you can meet new friends! PubCrawls.com has already broken into the record books, but they’re looking to do it all over again. There’s no reason for you to be spending your entire St. Patrick’s Day in one bar, all night long. You may be stuck with a lame crowd, and the beers on tap just might not cut it. Here’s your opportunity to enjoy variety and be a part of a historic event!”
8) The Bank-4421 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, 408.867.5155.
* The Irish bar will serve up corned beef and cabbage, Big Daddy BBQ
* $3 green beer and Guinness on Tap.
* Free karaoke at 9pm.
7) Dive Bar-78 E. Santa Clara St, San Jose, 408.288.5252.
* DJ C-NOTE AND GUEST DJ’S
* Green beer, plus specials on Guinness.
*Wear green and get your first green beer free.
* Enjoy Traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Irish Stew, Irish Sausage Rolls, and more!
* Great live Irish music by The Rogues from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. .
* Date: Saturday, March 17, 2012
* Time: 8:00AM (tenative)
* Location: Vasona Park – Los Gatos, CA – Circle Group Area
* Distances: 5k, 10K and Half Marathon
4) Tipsey & Green St. Patricks Day Pub Crawl –Saturday, Mar 17 2:00p to 6:00p
3) Harry’s Hofbrau-390 Saratoga Ave San Jose, CA 95129
Now through March 17th, with food and drink specials. For $11.84, diners get to enjoy corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes and carrots. There are also numerous bar specials. A 20 oz. Murphy’s Irish Stout is $5.25 and includes the glass to keep. Irish coffee is $4.25. And a 12 oz. green beer is $2.00.
2) Los Gatos Brewing Company-163 W. Santa Clara St. San Jose CA 95110 (408) 600-1181
celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with special food and drink offers. Food offerings will include corned beef and cabbage as well as shepherd’s pie. There will also be special cocktails to celebrate the day. To make reservations, visit Los Gatos Brewing Company’s website. For updated information, visit their Facebook page.
1) California Cafe In Palo Alto-
|700 Welch Road Palo Alto, CA 9430 650.325.2233|
Celebrates all day on the 17th with a happy hour, offering food and drink specials. The special menu includes corned beef & cabbage sliders, fish ‘n chips, bangers ‘n mash, twice baked shepherd’s pie, Guinness battered rings, and more. There are also numerous drink specials featuring Irish whiskey, Guinness, and Bailey’s Irish cream.
Free Cab Rides Home for St. Patrick’s Day 2012
Begins: March 17, 2012 – 3pm
Ends: March 18, 2012 – 3am
Call one of the following cab companies and tell them the ride is on Berg Injury Lawyers. Please remember, there’s a $35 cap on all rides home, and patrons are responsible for costs more than $35.
- Alameda, Oakland, Emeryville & Berkeley
Call Veterans Cab at (800) 281-4488
- San Francisco
Call Luxor Cab at (415) 282-4141.