What Is ‘Fifty Shades Of Gray?’
There are murmurs of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ floating around, but what exactly is it?
At first we thought it was a song. Then a TV show.
Turns out it’s an erotic fiction novel that originally evolved out of a Twilight fanfiction. It’s been dubbed “mommy porn,” per the article at The Daily Beast, which might be a new literary category one might find at a few remaining bookstores in the near future. But don’t get confused, it’s not Twilight fanfiction, it’s more S&M bondage-y among college-age characters. The “Grey” comes from the male protagonist, Christian Grey. So, there you go, the book in a tiny nutshell.
And, of course, what’s pumping the hype about this novel is that it’s been bought by Hollywood to become a movie. According to Deadline.com, the rites to the book’s film adaptation has been sold to Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- Tove Lo Talks About Hearing Her Own Song, Taking Baths, Kissing Boys Vs. Kissing Girls, And More With Kevin Klein Live
- The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart Release Five Bonus Tracks With Deluxe LP For ‘Days Of Abandon’
- Death Becomes Her: Lana Del Rey To Play a Los Angeles Cemetery Next Month
- See What White Fence Buys From Amoeba Records In ‘What’s In My Bag?’
- The SuperHero Street Fair (And EDM Music Fest!) Is Happening In SF This Weekend
- #NFail: Worst 7 NFL Fails For Week Three With Buccaneers, ACL Tearing Celebration, Bloody Brawls, And More