What Is ‘Fifty Shades Of Gray?’
There are murmurs of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ floating around, but what exactly is it?
At first we thought it was a song. Then a TV show.
Turns out it’s an erotic fiction novel that originally evolved out of a Twilight fanfiction. It’s been dubbed “mommy porn,” per the article at The Daily Beast, which might be a new literary category one might find at a few remaining bookstores in the near future. But don’t get confused, it’s not Twilight fanfiction, it’s more S&M bondage-y among college-age characters. The “Grey” comes from the male protagonist, Christian Grey. So, there you go, the book in a tiny nutshell.
And, of course, what’s pumping the hype about this novel is that it’s been bought by Hollywood to become a movie. According to Deadline.com, the rites to the book’s film adaptation has been sold to Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- The Buzz: The World Series Rolls On, A Tour Guide Hates Chinatown, And The Bay Is Still Really Expensive
- Happy 14th Birthday To Linkin Park’s “Hybrid Theory”
- K. Flay Loses Herself In The Void (Thanks To A Hacked XBox) In New Video For ‘Make Me Fade’
- Score Passes To The New Movie: LAGGIES
- Kansas City Royals With Bay Area, NorCal Ties Return To SF In Enemy Colors For World Series
- Academy Of Sciences Octopus Picks Giants To Win World Series