There are murmurs of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ floating around, but what exactly is it?
At first we thought it was a song. Then a TV show.
Turns out it’s an erotic fiction novel that originally evolved out of a Twilight fanfiction. It’s been dubbed “mommy porn,” per the article at The Daily Beast, which might be a new literary category one might find at a few remaining bookstores in the near future. But don’t get confused, it’s not Twilight fanfiction, it’s more S&M bondage-y among college-age characters. The “Grey” comes from the male protagonist, Christian Grey. So, there you go, the book in a tiny nutshell.
And, of course, what’s pumping the hype about this novel is that it’s been bought by Hollywood to become a movie. According to Deadline.com, the rites to the book’s film adaptation has been sold to Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- Watch Foo Fighters Rock Out On Carpool Karaoke
- ‘Sabrina The Teenage Witch’ Returning To TV In CW Horror Series
- A Rave In A Cave In SF This October
- Conspiracy Theorists Think Saturday, September 23 Is The End Of The World
- Disneyland’s Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket Is Selling Out
- Billy Corgan Shares ‘Pillbox’ Short Film Trailer