What Is ‘Fifty Shades Of Gray?’
There are murmurs of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ floating around, but what exactly is it?
At first we thought it was a song. Then a TV show.
Turns out it’s an erotic fiction novel that originally evolved out of a Twilight fanfiction. It’s been dubbed “mommy porn,” per the article at The Daily Beast, which might be a new literary category one might find at a few remaining bookstores in the near future. But don’t get confused, it’s not Twilight fanfiction, it’s more S&M bondage-y among college-age characters. The “Grey” comes from the male protagonist, Christian Grey. So, there you go, the book in a tiny nutshell.
And, of course, what’s pumping the hype about this novel is that it’s been bought by Hollywood to become a movie. According to Deadline.com, the rites to the book’s film adaptation has been sold to Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- 2014 NFL Schedule Released; Thanksgiving At Levi’s Stadium, 49ers vs. Raiders At O.co Coliseum
- Ryan Lewis, Mother Talk Her Battle with HIV, New 30/30 Project
- Remains Of Deadly 1888 SF Bay Shipwreck Located Near Golden Gate Bridge
- Fleet Foxes’ Robin Pecknold Says He’s Writing New Material, Went Back to School
- Study Ranks San Francisco As 9th ‘Funniest’ City In America
- The Best Twitter Reactions to Avril Lavigne’s Horrible New Video