There are murmurs of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ floating around, but what exactly is it?
At first we thought it was a song. Then a TV show.
Turns out it’s an erotic fiction novel that originally evolved out of a Twilight fanfiction. It’s been dubbed “mommy porn,” per the article at The Daily Beast, which might be a new literary category one might find at a few remaining bookstores in the near future. But don’t get confused, it’s not Twilight fanfiction, it’s more S&M bondage-y among college-age characters. The “Grey” comes from the male protagonist, Christian Grey. So, there you go, the book in a tiny nutshell.
And, of course, what’s pumping the hype about this novel is that it’s been bought by Hollywood to become a movie. According to Deadline.com, the rites to the book’s film adaptation has been sold to Universal Pictures and Focus Features.
Read More On LIVE105.com:
- Kevin Klein Live: Half-Off Podcast 05.26.16
- The Strokes Drop New Song ‘Threat of Joy’
- Is Axl Rose Joining AC/DC Permanently?
- The Strokes Release Second Single ‘Drag Queen’
- Eagles of Death Metal Singer’s Conservative Comments Draws Fire from Fans
- Temple of the Dog Recordings to be Released for 25th Anniversary