Origin: San Francisco, CA
- Trio that began as a long distance music collaboration between Olivia and Allen in 2011. Olivia living in SF and Allen in Portland, Ore.
- Released their debut EP “Beautiful Distraction” in September 2013
1. What Bay Area city do you call home?
Olivia: Definitely San Francisco, I’m a native. I went to Mercy High School.
2. How long have you been a band for and where did you all basically meet?
Olivia: Allen and I have been writing music together since January of 2011, then started playing out live in July of 2012 as a duo. Andres Lopez joined us July of 2013. I’d like to mention that our good friend, Jason Wann, has been around since the beginning as a collaborator and advisor. He helped write/produce “Silver Sunlight” and has a heavy hand on our upcoming single as well.
Jason: I have known and worked with Allen since 2000 and met Olivia in 2010. I am not an “official” member of BV, but I have been involved since the beginning. I’m like the 5th Beatle in that regard.
3. Your favorite local venues to play?
Olivia: I would say so far we’ve really enjoyed playing Rickshaw Stop and absolutely love playing The Independent. Great sound system and awesome staff.
4. 5 places we may find you hanging out in your hometown?
Olivia: Monarch, Ocean Beach, our practice studio, Rickshaw Stop, a bar or music store near you.
Jason: I actually live in Portland, OR right now so you’ll most likely find me hanging out at Control Voltage, Everyday Music or Powells Books.
5. What was the most f*cked up thing that ever happened to you at a gig?
Allen: Back when I was in Every Move a Picture, I was touring England and audience members would try to steal my guitar pedals while I played.
Andres: I played a show in Colombia where a bunch of skinheads broke into the venue and started throwing bottles at the stage from the bar.
Olivia: They take the cake on this one, but in my old band I use to have a bad habit of breaking mic stands. Never hurt myself or anyone else, thank God.
Jason: I woke up after a CD release at the resident DJ’s house wearing 90210 boxers and had no recollection of how I got there. Other than that, no other gig related trauma other than gear failures.
6. 7 items we may find on your hospitality rider?
Realistic rider … water, beer, whiskey, snacks like fruit or something, tea.
Dream rider … a masseuse, beer, whiskey, snacks, tea.
7. If you could put together your dream music festival what 8 bands would you book to play with you? (alive or deceased, active or inactive)
Olivia: Blondie, Devo, Daft Punk, Chvrches, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, David Bowie, Glass Candy… I can go on, but I’d definitely have all of our friends’ bands on the bill as well.
Andres: Space Man 3, Joy Division, Love and Rockets, The Raveonettes, Ride, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Galaxy500, Sonic Boom
Jason: Goldfrapp, Daft Punk, Kraftwerk, Madonna, and Depeche Mode circa 1988
8. When not recording music, rehearsing, playing shows, etc, where does each band member work?
We all work in the customer service/retail industry.
9. What else can we expect from the band in 2014?
We just released our debut EP, Beautiful Distraction, late last year. You can find it on iTunes.
As for 2014, we plan on continuing to write and record … we do have a new single release in the works, and hopefully we’ll be playing some cool festivals. That’s something we haven’t gotten a chance to do yet.