Origin: San Francisco, CA
Rio Rio is:
Todd Huguenor – Lead Vocals / Guitar
Josh Collopy – Lead Guitar
Alex Cohen – Bass
Ian de Borja – Keyboard
Sean Corcran – Drums
- Describe themselves as a “Rio Rio is a five-piece San Francisco indie dance rock band with hook-laden vocal melodies, cinematic keyboards, nimble guitar work, and singalong choruses all wrapped in a tight, danceable package.
- Five track EP “Light Parade” now available as a free download
1. What Bay Area city do you call home?
Josh and Ian are the only true Bay Area natives, but we all call San Francisco our home! Josh went to Carlmont High School and Ian went to Burlingame High School. Fun fact: Ian’s first mosh pit was during Papa Roach at Not So Silent Night in 2002.
2. How long have you been a band for and where did you all basically meet?
We been a band for two years now. Josh started the project alone, then started jamming with Sean (college buddy) and found the rest of us on Craigslist.
3. Your favorite local venues to play?
Brick and Mortar, The New Parish, Monarch and Bottom of the Hill.
4. 5 places we may find you hanging out in your hometown?
El Rio, Philz Coffee, Dolores Park and Kilowatt. One can also find Todd at his allergy doctor on a weekly basis.
5. What was the most f*cked up thing that ever happened to you at a gig?
Josh got a pretty bad case of food poisoning from a burrito down in San Jose a few weeks ago. He was throwing up for about 20 minutes straight leading up to our set and almost passed out on stage. He’s no longer allowed to consume any poultry before a show.
6. 7 items we may find on your hospitality rider?
We haven’t had the need to write one of these bad boys up yet, but we can imagine it would look something like this: Whiskey, an XBox, avocados and Taco Bell Doritos Locos Cool Ranch Tacos (with Fire sauce).
7. If you could put together your dream music festival what 8 bands would you book to play with you? (alive or deceased, active or inactive)
Radiohead, Phoenix, The Postal Service, The 1975, Atlas Genius, AFI and Kanye West.
8. When not recording music, rehearsing, playing shows, etc, where does each band member work?
Josh works at Verizon Wireless, Ian and Sean work at startups and Todd and Alex work at consulting firms.
9. What else can we expect from the band in 2014?
Tons of new music, a revamped live show (complete with self built lights) and a West Coast tour!