Origin: San Francisco, CA
- Recently warped up a month (February) long residency at Brick and Mortar(SF)
- Announced Summer 2014 tour with NADA SURF
- First single “Got To My Head”
1. What Bay Area city do you call home?
We are a trans-bay band. Three of us live in San Francisco, and two of us live in Oakland.
2. How long have you been a band for and where did you all basically meet?
WATERS has been a band for about three years. We all met in the Bay Area. Brian and Greg play in another band called The Tambo Rays, and I met them at one of their shows.
3. Your favorite local venues to play?
I really like playing Brick and Mortar and The Rickshaw Stop. We have played the Fillmore a couple times, which is such a beautiful place too.
4. 5 places we may find you hanging out in your hometown?
You’ll find me at Bar Tartine, Four Barrel, Sushi Zone, walking around Potrero Hill, and surfing down in Pacifica.
5. What was the most f*cked up thing that ever happened to you at a gig?
We played Laneway Festival in Australia, and invited some people from the crowd on stage for our last song. The crowd just STORMED the stage, and there were so many people up there that the stage almost collapsed. Someone stole my acoustic guitar, and I couldn’t see any of my bandmates during the entire song. It was amazing.
6. 7 items we may find on your hospitality rider?
Pretty boring stuff, unfortunately. Hummus and chips, white wine, whiskey, local beer, and other snacks. I wish we were more rock and roll, but we just love our snacks.
7. If you could put together your dream music festival what 8 bands would you book to play with you? (alive or deceased, active or inactive)
Weezer, Nirvana, Green Day (Dookie-era), Fugazi, Ramones, Modest Mouse (Lonesome Crowded West-era), Grouplove, and THE BEATLES.
8. When not recording music, rehearsing, playing shows, etc, where does each band member work?
I work at Four Barrel Coffee, Greg is a window washer, and the others are what we will call “freelance.”
9. What else can we expect from the band in 2014?
Tons! Lots of new music, shows, tours, videos. Its going to be a busy year for WATERS.