According to SFGate it looks like a suicide barrier is nearing approval to be tacked onto the Golden Gate Bridge.
In what is part of a $76 million dollar funding plan, $20 million will be allotted to the hanging of a new net 20 feet beneath each side of the span that would be installed within the next 3 years.
Here is an artist rendering of what that might look like, courtesy of the Golden Gate Bridge District & The San Francisco Chronicle:
Bridge officials have promised that tolls will not be raised to pay for the project, so hopefully that remains the case.
- Bleachers Announce Second Leg of ‘Gone Now Era’ Tour
- Phoenix Add North American Tour Dates
- Chipotle Set To Add Drive-Thru Windows
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus Selling ‘All the Small Things’ to Benefit Children’s Hospital
- San Francisco’s Monthly Filipino Night Market And Concert Coming In August
- Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Katy Perry Lead VMA Nominees