According to the real estate blog Movoto, the Bay Area is home to three of the top ten ‘Snobbiest Small Cities In America.’
Palo Alto — the home of Pinterest, Stanford, and Hewlett-Packard — topped their list of the very snobby cities.
“Locals are proud of where they live and aren’t afraid to brag about it if it comes up in conversation (or even if it doesn’t).” According to Movoto, “However, with the numbers they raked in for our list, they certainly deserve their bragging rights.”
San Rafael ranked 4th and Walnut Creek landed 5th with a full half of the ten cities located in California.
The criteria for creating the list was the town had to have a population between 65,000 and 45,000 people and then they compared the following 2010 Census data:
– Median home price (the higher the better)
– Median household income (the higher the better)
– Percent of population with a college degree (the higher the better)
– Private schools per capita (the more the better)
– Performing arts per capita (the more the better)
– Art galleries per capita (the more the better)
– Fast food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
Read the full list and commentary at Movoto.com.