I always noticed that they had plenty of vinyl available every time I was in one of their stores, but I didn’t realize they sold THAT much.
Urban Outfitters is now the biggest retailer of vinyl records in the world.
“Music is very, very important to the Urban customer… in fact, we are the world’s number one vinyl seller,” Calvin Hollinger, the company’s chief administrative officer, said at a meeting with analysts yesterday. He explained that instead of having thousands of vinyl albums online, the company has a system in place that lets it seamlessly offer inventory from roughly 100 vendors without actually owning that inventory, a model it might use with Anthropologie’s home goods.
Good for Urban.
- Jay-Z Pays Tribute To Chester Bennington At V Festival
- Subsonic Playlist: 08.19.2017
- Redwood Roller Rink To Close After 60 Years
- Get On The Live 105 Guest List – Win Tickets To Gorillaz
- Transformers Spin-Off ‘Bumblebee’ Casting Extras In The Bay Area
- Joel McHale Says He & Cast Are “Up For” A Community Movie