I always noticed that they had plenty of vinyl available every time I was in one of their stores, but I didn’t realize they sold THAT much.
Urban Outfitters is now the biggest retailer of vinyl records in the world.
“Music is very, very important to the Urban customer… in fact, we are the world’s number one vinyl seller,” Calvin Hollinger, the company’s chief administrative officer, said at a meeting with analysts yesterday. He explained that instead of having thousands of vinyl albums online, the company has a system in place that lets it seamlessly offer inventory from roughly 100 vendors without actually owning that inventory, a model it might use with Anthropologie’s home goods.
Good for Urban.
- Say aloha to your chance to win from Live 105!
- Devoted Disneyland Fan Marks 2,000 Consecutive Visit
- Jordan Bell’s Reaction To Becoming A Warrior Is Priceless
- Pacifica’s Beachfront Taco Bell Dubbed The “Greatest” & “Coolest” In The World
- Liam Gallagher Announces Solo Debut Album ‘As You Were’
- Kevin Klein Live: Half-Off Podcast 06.23.2017