I always noticed that they had plenty of vinyl available every time I was in one of their stores, but I didn’t realize they sold THAT much.
Urban Outfitters is now the biggest retailer of vinyl records in the world.
“Music is very, very important to the Urban customer… in fact, we are the world’s number one vinyl seller,” Calvin Hollinger, the company’s chief administrative officer, said at a meeting with analysts yesterday. He explained that instead of having thousands of vinyl albums online, the company has a system in place that lets it seamlessly offer inventory from roughly 100 vendors without actually owning that inventory, a model it might use with Anthropologie’s home goods.
Good for Urban.
- Behold The 24K Solid Gold Darth Vader Helmet
- LIVE105 BFD 2017 Headliners Phoenix Release New Single, ‘J-Boy’
- The 1975 Confirm Third Album “Music For Cars” Is On The Way
- Johnny Depp Surprises Fans On The Pirates of the Caribbean Ride At Disneyland
- Foster the People Drop 3 New Singles, Summer Tour Dates
- Hayley Williams Loves Your ‘Hard Times’ Covers