I always noticed that they had plenty of vinyl available every time I was in one of their stores, but I didn’t realize they sold THAT much.
Urban Outfitters is now the biggest retailer of vinyl records in the world.
“Music is very, very important to the Urban customer… in fact, we are the world’s number one vinyl seller,” Calvin Hollinger, the company’s chief administrative officer, said at a meeting with analysts yesterday. He explained that instead of having thousands of vinyl albums online, the company has a system in place that lets it seamlessly offer inventory from roughly 100 vendors without actually owning that inventory, a model it might use with Anthropologie’s home goods.
Good for Urban.
- Marshawn Lynch And Marcus Peters Spotted On BART After Tonight’s Game
- Taco Bell Introduces Kit-Kat Quesadilla In The U.S.
- Marshawn Lynch Ejected From Raiders Game For Shoving Official
- San Francisco Is The Highest Ranked US City On The ‘Safe Cities Index’
- Watch Margot Robbie As ‘Tonya Harding’ In New Biopic Teaser
- Watch ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Surprise Guests At New York Comic Con