I always noticed that they had plenty of vinyl available every time I was in one of their stores, but I didn’t realize they sold THAT much.
Urban Outfitters is now the biggest retailer of vinyl records in the world.
“Music is very, very important to the Urban customer… in fact, we are the world’s number one vinyl seller,” Calvin Hollinger, the company’s chief administrative officer, said at a meeting with analysts yesterday. He explained that instead of having thousands of vinyl albums online, the company has a system in place that lets it seamlessly offer inventory from roughly 100 vendors without actually owning that inventory, a model it might use with Anthropologie’s home goods.
Good for Urban.
- Axl Rose Recording a New AC/DC Album with Angus Young?
- Americans Can Stream the 2017 Brit Awards Online Today
- Puff, Pass & Paint Classes Being Held In San Francisco & Oakland
- Fox Announces Plot and Shares Cast Photo For ‘Alien: Covenant’
- Everclear Announce ‘So Much For The Afterglow’ 20th Anniversary Tour Dates
- Shooting Gets Underway For Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ Film