As The Verge reported, U2 hosted a facebook Q&A where they were asked about their new album,
One commenter asked if the band could refrain from having anymore of their albums automatically downloaded on to people’s iTunes accounts and Bono responded:
“Oops … I’m sorry about that,” he says. “I had this beautiful idea. Might have gotten carried away with ourselves. Artists are prone to that thing. A drop of megalomania, a touch of generosity, a dash of self-promotion, and deep fear that these songs that we poured our life into over the last few years might not be heard. There’s a lot of noise out there. I guess, we got a little noisy ourselves to get through it.”
More than 81 million people have listened to at least part of the album since the promotion began last month.
- Win a 4-Pack of Unlimited Ride Passes And See ‘Ghostbusters’ at The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk!
- SOUNDCHECK PLAYLIST 7/23/2017
- SUBSONIC PLAYLIST 7/22/2017
- WATCH: ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Official Trailer
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ Scores New ‘Stranger Things’ Trailer
- Ben Affleck Clears Up ‘Batman’ Rumors At ‘Justice League’ Panel