By Shannon Carlin
The band dropped their new song, “Miracles,” which is featured in Jolie’s second directorial project Unbroken.
The film focuses on the life of Olympic athlete Louis “Louie” Zamperini, who becomes a World War II hero, survives a plane crash in the Pacific, spends 47 days at sea on a raft and then more than two and a half years living in several Japanese prisoner camps.
With a sweetly strummed guitar, a twinkling piano and a lot of snapping, this song sounds triumphant and as varied as the film itself. It also sounds ready for its Oscar moment.
Frontman Chris Martin sings about angels that talk to him, lightning strikes and floating above the world. It’s all pretty magical.
According to the band, the song will be available on iTunes this Monday, Dec. 15.
Unbroken hits theaters this Christmas.
- Kevin Klein Live: Half-Off Podcast 06.19.17
- Coldplay Drop New Song ‘All I Can Think About Is You’
- Coldplay Amazed by 19-Year-Old Pianist’s ‘Everglow’ Performance
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin’s Shares what He’s Listening to Right Now
- Chris Martin Visits Fan Fighting Cancer in Manila
- Chris Martin Turns 40 with a ‘Willy Wonka’ Party