Bay Area rockers Metallica have held special nights with the San Francisco Giants for the past few years and now they are extending their sports partnerships to the ice with Metalli-Sharks and the San Jose Sharks.
Metallica will join the San Jose Sharks on January 21, 2015 against their rivals and current Stanley Cup holders the LA Kings for a night of “Metalli-hockey mayhem.”
“Well, as some of you may know, we have been long supporters of the Sharks going back to the mid-90’s when the team moved permanently to San Jose… over the years we’ve made many treks down to the Shark Tank.” Read a statement on Metallica’s official site, “So it’s actually pretty fitting that we finally connect with the team for a night of metal and hockey and we want you to come along and partake of the festivities with us.
The band will be on hand for puck drop, intermission games, and more.
Special Metallica Night tickets go on sale this Wednesday, December 17th at 10:00 AM PST and include a Metalli-Sharks shirt with a portion of the sales benefiting the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the Sierra Club. Be sure to purchase the special event ticket here at sharks.nhl.com.
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Replaced by Adorable Little Girl
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner’s Classic Band T-Shirts Pulled After Cease And Desist Letters
- James Hetfield on Metallica: ‘The Band Can Still Fall Apart at Any Moment’
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Knighted in Native Denmark
- Outside Lands 2017 Single Day Ticket Lineup Is Here!
- Watch NBA Finals History Video with Metallica Soundtrack