Live 105 BFD is in the books for 2015!
The festival this year was wild, the music was amazing and the fans (all of you!) were the best! Twenty One Pilots did some crowd surfing, Panic! At the Disco’s Brendon Urie flipped around, and everyone put on a truly amazing show, from the Subsonic Tent to the Main Stage.
It was one of the best festivals we’ve ever had.
We asked DJs to weigh in on their favorite things from the day, whether it be something said in an interview with a band, an episode of getting into some crazy antics on stage, or just something amazing that happened while hanging out with Live 105 listeners.
Did you catch any of these big moments?
– I commandeered a Nintendo GameCube from local band stage players Curious Quail, set it up in Twenty One Pilots dressing room and battled Tyler & Josh (of 21p) in a few games, video of the interview to come this week.
– Eric & Gio of San Jose’s The Limousines having their own selfie booth in the Subsonic Tent immediately after their set. They took selfies with all the fans who made it up to the barricade.
– Dutch production/DJ duo Vicetone showing the Bay Area some love wearing Stephen Curry Jerseys.
– The Festival stage chanting in unison to Sheppard’s “Geronimo”.
– Luke from The Kooks being served a giant Pina Colada while we were mid-interview.
– Useless Weirdo’s head was shaved by the same people who dyed my hair blue a few weeks back. Coco and Sean of Sonobellezza in Los Gatos carved BFD into the back of his head, colored it all in with chalk and carved streaks into his beard.
— KevinKleinLIVE (@KevinKleinLIVE) June 6, 2015
– I also got to tell Amy from Sheppard that she inspired me to dye my hair blue, and we topped it all off by introducing Of Monsters And Men in our undies [ed: Kevin Klein Live Staff, not Amy from Sheppard].
– Robert DeLong in the Subsonic Tent: Mr. DeLong blew the roof off! Just killed it. Wow.
– The Soundcheck local band stage: by far the MOST packed I’ve ever seen that stage in BFD’s history.
– Waters: Bay Area staples graduated from headlining the soundcheck local band stage LAST year to this year landing on the Festival Stage and they delivered indeed
– My DJ Set: I’ve been spinning for 15+ years now and my set on Saturday could arguably have been my favorite of all-time! Thank you for making that possible those who were dancing and going mental during my set
— ADAM. (@superduperadame) June 8, 2015
– San Jose bands: very happy with the performances put in by all 4 San Jose local bands we had on the BFD 2015 bill—The Limousines, Beta State, Picture Atlantic and Curious Quail
– Breaking the World Record for the longest Human Centipede was a great idea, however, we changed it to the world’s biggest group hug, and created a stampede before Twenty One Pilots took the stage. It was a horrible idea, but not our worst idea of the day.
– I also enjoyed watching 2 people sword fight with Churros while waiting for the outhouse.
– My fondest memory was learning about the “Birds and The Bees” from all of the bands as part of our Birds and the Bees FDs. Now I know where to put things, and more importantly, where not to.
– Being in my underwear in front of 25K people is the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do. Oops. Lesson Learned.
– My favorite moment was playing Two Truths and a Lie with Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco. I have a picture up somewhere, but it was amazing!
– When Panic! covered “Bohemian Rhapsody”
– Broadcasting live for the first time ever at BFD! And meeting all the awesome fans
– When one fan gave me a Taco Bell giftcard
– Watching our giant heads being carried around the festival
– When the morning show stripped down…. 2 hot 2 handle
– If you’d told me a year ago that I’d be on stage in my underwear in front of 25,000 people, I’d have called you crazy. Guess I can check that off my bucket list… Even though it was never on there to begin with.
– Death From Above 1979 added a heavy edge to the festival stage. Head banging and mosh pits aren’t dead (yes, that’s a good thing).
– If hearing The Kooks play “Naive” doesn’t get you singing and dancing, you probably don’t have a soul.
– Twenty One Pilots are some of the nicest, carefree guys you’ll ever meet, but they flip a switch when they get on stage. Ever see an athlete get super intense before a big game? That’s the kind of energy these guys deliver. Easily one of the best sets of the day.
– Loved hearing Atlas Genius break out some new songs. Gets me excited for their second album.