The real reason Kevin Durant came out to the Bay to play for the Warriors is that he’s a big fan of our local music scene and here’s our top 5 Bay Area band picks for the summer.
First off … Oakland’s Midi Matilda!
By Aaron Axelsen, Live 105 Music Director, Host of Subsonic and Soundcheck
BAND 1: Midi Matilda
1. What Bay Area city do you call home?
2. What local high school and/or college did each member attend?
Skyler Kilborn: Foothill High, Pleasanton
Logan Grime: Terra Linda High, San Rafael
3. What are your 5 favorite local haunts, i.e. where could we find you hanging out in your city when you’re not in the studio recording or out playing a gig?
(1) The Pretty Lady, West Oakland
(2) Kilovolt coffee, West Oakland
(3) Encuentro, Oakland
(4) Grove Park Tennis Courts, Berkeley
(5) Home Depot, Oakland
4. If you could organize your own music festival, where would you host it and what 10 artists would you book?
“The Liberal Hearts And Crafts Brew Festival” will be located on the UC Berkeley Campus where local craft brews will be showcased and skating will be legal everywhere on campus for the whole day.
(1) Tenacious D
(2) Diarrhea Planet
(4) Francis And The Lights
(5) Chance The Rapper
(6) Blink 182 (circa 2001)
(8) Barenaked Ladies
(9) LCD Soundsystem (headliner)
5. What’s the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you while playing live?
A battery died and our playback was out of sync with the show for an entire song. (pop scene 2012 btw)
6. Upcoming shows?
This Midtown Sacramento, July 9th (may not be posted in time) Our other shows booked right now are private shows but we are working hard to get many more booked soon!
7. More Midi Matilda: