The real reason Kevin Durant came out to the Bay to play for the Warriors is that he’s a big fan of our local music scene and here’s our top 5 Bay Area band picks for the summer.
Band #2 … San Jose’s Picture Atlantic!
By Aaron Axelsen, Live 105 Music Director, Host of Subsonic and Soundcheck
BAND 2: Picture Atlantic
1. What Bay Area city do you call home?
We’re all spread around the South Bay, but San Jose is our center point.
2. What local high school and/or college did each member attend?
Ryan and Nik attended Santa Clara High, Danny went to Milpitas High, and Symeon attended UC Santa Cruz.
3. What are your 5 favorite local haunts, i.e. where could we find you hanging out in your city when you’re not in the studio recording or out playing a gig?
(1) Red Rock Coffee
(2) 7 Bamboo Karaoke
(3) Game Kastle
(4) San Pedro Square
(5) The Art Boutiki
4. If you could organize your own music festival, where would you host it and what 10 artists would you book?
Definitely would have to host it at the Fillmore or the Great American Music Hall.
The ten bands would be:
(1) The National
(2) We Are The City
(4) Manic Street Preachers
(5) Massive Attack
(6) Bloc Party
(10) The Strokes
5. What’s the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you while playing live?
Nik and Ryan both split their pants on stage at two separate shows in Hollywood. We may be mildly cursed.
6. Upcoming shows?
Our next show is August 26th @ Bottom of The Hill w/ Rare Futures – BUY TICKETS
7. More Midi Matilda: