The real reason Kevin Durant came out to the Bay to play for the Warriors is that he’s a big fan of our local music scene and here’s our top 5 Bay Area band picks for the summer.
Band #4 … Oakland’s Fever Charm!
By Aaron Axelsen, Live 105 Music Director, Host of Subsonic and Soundcheck
BAND 4: Fever Charm
1. What Bay Area city do you call home?
2. What local high school and/or college did each member attend?
High School: Ari, Yianni, Theo – Piedmont High School; Theo – Oakland School of The Arts; JT – Santa Clara High
College: Ari – Northeastern University; Yianni, JT – Berklee College of Music; Theo – Berkeley City College
3. What are your 5 favorite local haunts, i.e. where could we find you hanging out in your city when you’re not in the studio recording or out playing a gig?
(2) Cafe Stritch (San Jose)
(3) Ocean Beach
(5) Dolores Park
4. If you could organize your own music festival, where would you host it and what 10 artists would you book?
(1) Red Hot Chili Peppers
(2) White Stripes
(3) Arctic Monkeys
(4) Twin Peaks
(5) Tame Impala
(8) Alabama Shakes
(9) Kendrick Lamar
(10) Blood Orange
5. What’s the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you while playing live?
One show on tour in Huntington Beach we played for just the sound guy. It was completely empty. All the other bands cancelled last minute so it was literally just us playing for the sound guy. It was pretty funny but we owned it and rocked out as if we were playing in from of a packed house.
6. Upcoming shows?
None in Bay Area planned as of now …
7. More Fever Charm: