Each year, the public transportation systems around the Bay Area do us favor by operating later and often for free. Here’s what’s happening this year:
- Ride for free from 8PM-2:15AM
- Extra trains will depart SF’s 4th & King station at 12:45, 1:15, 1:45, & 2:15 AM.
- NYE will be a Saturday schedule & New Year’s Day will be a Sunday schedule.
- BART will have special NYE service to & from San Francisco between 8PM-3AM
- Some stops will not be made to minimize platform overcrowding, that info can be found here.
- Fares will be the same as they usually are.
- Fares will be free throughout the MUNI system (Trains, Buses, Cable Cars) from 8PM Saturday night-5AM Sunday morning.
- Metro service between Embarcadero & West Portal will extend until 5AM New Year’s morning.
- Metro service will operate to 4th & King St. until 2:15AM New Year’s morning.
- For more info on extra owl services head here.
- Offering free rides beginning at 8PM on New Year’s Eve.
- Ride for free from 8PM-5AM
- Will operate on a Sunday schedule after 5AM.
Golden Gate Transit
- Operating normal weekend schedule for NYE & New Year’s Day.
Triple A Tipsy Tow
- Operating New Year’s Eve 6PM-6AM, call (800) 222-4357 (AAA-HELP) and tell the operator you need a safe ride home and you’ll get a free tow up to 10 miles. The program is restricted to a one-way ride for the driver and their vehicle home.