Saturday August 5 marks the date for the second annual World Dog Surfing Championships at Linda Mar State Beach in Pacifica.
Dogs of all shapes & sizes will compete for the “Golden Surfie”. There will also be dog disc competition, ball-fetch-in-water competition, and a costume contest.
Registering your dog for the contest costs $25 (+ fees) and can be done here.
There will also be dog adoptions and dog-friendly fundraisers. Here’s a rundown of the events:
- Entrant Check-In: 9am-10m
- Dog Surfing (exhibitions and heats): 10am-12pm
- Human Solo Surfing: 12-1pm
- Awards & Prizes Announced: 1:00pm-2:00pm
PET WELLNESS FAIR
- Give Your Dog a Checkup (Nails, Teeth, Weight, Tips, Vet Questions)
- Massage and Fitness by Happy Hounds Massage
SURF DOG VILLAGE
DOG DISC COMPETITION
(e.g. beach frisbee catching)
(speed and distance for dog to retrieve ball tossed in water)
MOBILE PET ADOPTIONS
- Dog Costumes
- Human Costumes
- Dog and Human (Mixed Tandem)
YAPPY HOUR AFTER EVENT
For more, head to the Facebook event page.